Get More Involved With CUPA-HR
Members are the lifeblood of CUPA-HR. When you contribute your expertise or participate in a volunteer program, you gain new connections, develop new skills, and have a direct impact on the association and the higher ed HR profession.
- Higher Ed HR Magazine, Winter Issue — Articles due by February 28
- Knowledge Center Toolkit Review Group — Open call for volunteers
Connect, Contribute and Lead
Join the Conversation
- Connect with CUPA-HR members in your area — Many CUPA-HR chapters offer events and workshops throughout the year. Visit our calendar of events or your CUPA-HR chapter’s website.
- Find answers in CUPA-HR’s online community — Search through previous discussions or start a new one in a general or topic-based community in CUPA-HR Connect. Learn more.
Contribute Important Data and Helpful Resources
- Participate in CUPA-HR’s flagship higher ed workforce surveys — From salaries to demographic data, CUPA-HR’s flagship surveys are the most comprehensive source for higher ed workforce data. Data collection takes place November 1 through mid-January. Learn more.
- Contribute resources to the Knowledge Center — Add your institution’s policies or program materials to our members-only collection of higher ed HR tools and resources. Learn how.
- Volunteer to share your feedback and ideas — The new Toolkit Review Group is looking for members who want to help us build upon and improve our Knowledge Center toolkits. Learn more.
- Volunteer to share your enthusiasm for data — Love using research and data in your HR work? Serve as one of the Data Champions in our online Data User Group. Learn more.
Share the Great Work Your Institution Is Doing
- Write an article for Higher Ed HR Magazine — Showcase what your HR team is doing to transform HR programs and practices on your campus. Review submission guidelines.
- Present a session at a CUPA-HR conference — Look for emails announcing our calls for presentation proposals, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominate your program or team for an award — Recipients of CUPA-HR's Higher Education HR Awards are nationally recognized across the association. Look for nominations to open each February. Learn more.
Take Your Career to the Next Level
- Immerse yourself in a year of learning about higher ed HR — The Wildfire Program is a cohort-based program for early-career higher ed HR professionals. Learn more.
- Immerse yourself in in a year of learning about CUPA-HR leadership — The Emerging CUPA-HR Leaders Program is a cohort-based program for those interested in exploring leadership opportunities in the association. Learn more.
- Volunteer to serve on your chapter board — Volunteering to serve on a chapter board is a powerful way to connect with peers and support professional development for local professionals. Learn more.
- Support chapters and strategic planning at a regional level — Serve on a region board, a powerful way to connect with colleagues in your region while making an impact on the profession. Learn more.
- Share your expertise and leadership through committee work — CUPA-HR has several committees and task forces comprised of volunteers. Committees are formed at the beginning of each fiscal year in July. If you are interested in serving on a committee, please complete an interest form.
- Lead the association and the higher ed HR profession — Serve on CUPA-HR’s national board, a powerful way to connect with colleagues from across the country while making an impact on the profession. Nominations are accepted December through January.