What Is DataOnDemand?
DataOnDemand (DOD) is an application that lets you conduct your own analyses of survey data any time you want and as often as you want, using peer comparison groups that you create. DOD is a subscription service that is renewed annually. Only higher ed institutions can purchase DOD. DOD subscriptions are purchased separately for each survey:
- Administrators in Higher Education Survey
- Faculty in Higher Education Survey
- Professionals in Higher Education Survey
- Staff in Higher Education Survey
- Benefits in Higher Education Survey
Already have DOD? Visit the For DOD Users page for details about managing and accessing your subscription.
Virtual Research Skills Labs
CUPA-HR's Research Skills Labs are hands-on, small-group workshops designed to help you understand statistics, explore new ways to analyze data, prepare reports, engage in data-driven decision-making, and share findings with other campus leaders. Topics include DOD Basics, DOD Advanced Analysis, and more. Labs are sponsored by Segal.See Upcoming Labs
How It Works
- DOD is accessed through Surveys Online and is available from the date of purchase through the following February 15, regardless of the date of purchase.
- To gain access to DOD results, each institution must purchase a DOD subscription for each survey. A separate subscription is required for each institution in which positions are being benchmarked.
- Subscriptions are not prorated if ordered later in the subscription year. (In other words, subscriptions ordered in December cost the same amount as those ordered in February.)
- Please read the Data Use Agreement before purchasing.
Using DOD is easy! With it, you can:
- Benchmark salaries and diversity data based on the comparison groups you choose
- Conduct your own Geographical Statistical Area (GSA) analyses
- Plan for next year’s budgets and salary increases
- Generate charts and graphs, like the one below, to see the data in a new way and make more strategic compensation decisions
Who Has Access to DOD? After your institution purchases a DOD subscription, your chief HR officer (or the CHRO's designee) determines who is authorized to access the application and generate reports. Access is granted through the subscription management portal.
How Long Will We Have Access to the Survey Data Through DOD? Specified users will be able to access data from the date of purchase until February 15 of the following year. During that time, they'll also have access to data for the same survey for all prior years the survey has been conducted in the modern era (back to 2003 for most surveys).
Are There Limits to the Information We Can Access? Use of DOD is limited only by the restrictions put in place to protect the confidentiality of participating institutions. For example, you will not be able to view specific data reported by an institution other than your own.
For answers to other questions, check out the User Guide and other information in the For DOD Users section.