HR Care Package — Resources for Self-Care
For HR, most of 2020 was spent adapting to the new world of work all while taking on hefty workloads to ensure our institutions continued to run smoothly during the pandemic. This constant cycle of challenging work pushed our mental health to its limits. As we step into a new year, let’s take time to step back from the habits we may have developed in 2020 that were not beneficial to our mental health and well-being. Below, we’ve curated a list of resources that nudge higher ed HR professionals to take stock of their own mental health and well-being so that they can continue to support those they serve at their institutions.
Resources for Self-Care
- It’s a Marathon, Not a Sprint – One HR Professional’s Reflections on COVID-19 Burnout, Financial Anxiety, and the Need for a Really Long Nap (Higher Ed HR magazine)
- Higher Ed HR Pros are Resilient, But We’re Also Human (Higher Ed HR magazine)
- The 8 Dimensions of Wellness (Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions)
- Wellness Wheel (University of Nevada, Las Vegas)
- Taking Care of Your Emotional Health (CDC)
- Laurie Santos’ 5 Favorite Coping Tips (Laurie Santos)
- Anxious and Depressed? Experts Share Tips for Coping in Pandemic (Duke Today)
- Working Remotely (TIAA)
Resources for Team Care
- Resilience in the Workplace (CUPA-HR Webinar)
- Taking Care of You, Your HR Colleagues and Your Campus Community (The Higher Ed Workplace blog)
- Baking Self-Care Into Higher Ed HR (Higher Ed HR Magazine)
- Mental Health in the Time of COVID-19 (CUPA-HR Podcast Series)
- Mindfulness Matters: Strategies for Centering, Reflecting and Meditating in the Workplace (Higher Ed HR magazine)
- Workplace Well-Being (CUPA-HR Essentials)
What’s your institution doing to provide mental health resources for employees? Complete the Mental Health Snap Poll and view results.
Be sure to register for the CUPA-HR webinar, Self-Care for Personal and Professional Success on March 3.