5 Ways to Celebrate Digital Learning Day
Ever-evolving technology and near-constant digital innovations are changing the landscape of teaching and learning — in our K-12 classrooms, in our colleges and universities, in our workplaces and in our everyday lives.
Digital Learning Day, coming up on February 22, was started in 2012 as a way to actively spread innovative teaching practices and ensure that all youth have access to high-quality digital learning opportunities. In the six years since, the grassroots effort has grown into a nationwide celebration.
While much of Digital Learning Day is focused on improving the learning experience in K-12 schools, there are many ways the rest of us can join in.
Here are five ways you can celebrate Digital Learning Day, with help from CUPA-HR:
- Watch a webinar. Gather some colleagues for a brown-bag lunch and a CUPA-HR webinar. On-demand webinar topics include using emotional intelligence to mitigate workplace bullying, new faculty models in higher ed, sexual harassment training, onboarding and more. Or register for one of our many upcoming live webinars.
- Peruse a Knowledge Center toolkit. CUPA-HR’s Knowledge Center contains more than 90 toolkits on a variety of topics, including recruitment and selection, compliance, benefits, classification and compensation, diversity and inclusion, and more. Each toolkit contains resources like how-tos, sample policies, readings and forms and templates.
- Engage your peers in a conversation on CUPA-HR Connect. The online member community is where you can ask and answer questions or engage in dialogue around just about any higher ed or HR topic. Who better to ask for advice or bounce ideas off of than your colleagues who do the same work as you day in and day out?
- Catch up on content you may have missed from The Higher Education Workplace magazine and CUPA-HR’s The Higher Ed Workplace blog. If you missed the hard copy last month, or you want to explore past issues, you can find the magazine Recent articles delve into topics including professional development models, using social media to vet job applicants, best practices in HR communications, the new iteration of performance management and more. New content is posted to the blog weekly, and they’re quick reads with practical takeaways.
- Watch an Essentials video. If you’re a CUPA-HR member, you have access to all of our Essentials videos. These 10-minute videos cover topics such as I-9 and E-Verify, higher ed competencies, facilitation skills, mentoring, how to write a position description, stay interviews and others.
Happy learning from CUPA-HR!