Higher Ed HR Awards
HR Innovation Awards
Sponsored by PageUp
Nominations for 2018 are now closed. Nominations for 2019 will open in January 2019.
These awards recognize innovative thinking in higher education HR. The nominee can be an innovative HR project or program, or an individual or team that has developed a new and innovative HR model that can be easily adapted and emulated on other campuses. Two awards are presented each year. Through the generous support of PageUp, CUPA-HR will make a $5,000 contribution to each recipient’s institution.
A key consideration in evaluating nominees is institution budget size.
- Small (less than $25 million)
- Medium ($25 million to $100 million)
- Large (more than $100 million)
Also, recipients must be willing to share information about their innovation, either in a CUPA-HR publication or conference presentation, as requested.
- The innovative model is unique, effective or both;
- The innovative model is in practice (that is, implemented) at the institution and has been received in a positive manner;
- The innovative model has led to improved performance of the institution, the unit in which the innovation resides or the human resources department;
- The innovative model can be adapted for use on other campuses;
- The nominee’s institution is a member of CUPA-HR.
Eligibility Note: Individuals who are employed by the association, individuals who serve on the CUPA-HR national board of directors, and the institutions of those directors are not eligible to be nominated or selected for awards during their terms of service.