Building a Successful, More Inclusive Search (Individual) – FREE
This course is free of charge to CUPA-HR members ($295 for nonmembers). Course access requires a one-time registration. After registering, use the “Access Course” button to log in. Closed captioning available.
What is Building a Successful, More Inclusive Search (Individual)?
Building a Successful, More Inclusive Search is a self-paced e-learning course that provides you with tools and resources to take a more inclusive approach to the search process to help achieve your institution’s diversity and inclusion goals.
Who Should Take Building a Succesful, More Inclusive Search (Individual)?
It is ideal for all campus leaders, particularly HR professionals, that need the knowledge and skills to cultivate diverse applicant pools for faculty and staff positions, and to create an inclusive search process.
I found the modules very helpful in explaining the issue at hand and how we can change mindsets. I thoroughly enjoyed the videos we were prompted to watch because I was able to watch the breakdown of a scenario, good and bad.
What Will I Learn?
Available in individual and group-learning. By taking this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Broaden your outreach and recruitment efforts;
- Disrupt the status quo of search committees on campus;
- Overcome barriers and biases in the search process; and
- Enrich the candidate pool for faculty and staff positions.
After completing the course, you’ll be able to more effectively facilitate an inclusive search committee process on your campus.
The course was conceived by CUPA-HR’s national board of directors and the diversity, equity and inclusion committee, and features content developed by Emeritus Group Consultants. Course content is consistent with the association’s learning framework of higher ed HR competencies, which guides all CUPA-HR education and programming.
Building a Successful, More Inclusive Search (Individual) Content
- Module 1, Developing the Candidate Pool (Estimated completion time: 55 minutes): Get a general overview of the hiring process and identify where you can add value to existing hiring practices that are intended to increase faculty and staff diversity.
- Module 2, Enhancing Search Committee Effectiveness (Estimated completion time: 62 minutes): With the help of video examples, learn about search procedures, practices and policies that will enhance your ability (and those of search committee members) to approach the inclusive search process with an open mind.
- Module 3, Identifying and Selecting Candidates (Estimated completion time: 62 minutes): With the help of video examples, learn how to lay the foundation for the candidate selection process, such as developing selection criteria, removing barriers to inclusion and introducing evaluation tools.
- Module 4, Extending the Offer and Welcoming New Employees (Estimated completion time: 55 minutes): Explore post-search activities that can help you ensure the retention of new hires.