Higher Ed HR Awards
National Chapter Excellence Award
Nominations for 2021 are now closed. Awards will be presented virtually this summer.
This regional and national award recognizes a chapter that is making a significant impact through its commitment to CUPA-HR and to the higher ed HR community.
The recipient of the national award will be acknowledged during our annual leadership event. The national Chapter Excellence Award recipient will also receive a podium banner to display at its meetings/events, and the chapter’s name will be engraved on a plaque that resides at the CUPA-HR national office.
Submit Your Nomination to Your Region
The national recipient is selected from the four regional award recipients, so please submit your nomination for the appropriate regional award. Not sure which region you're in? Check here.
- Eastern Region Chapter Excellence Award
- Midwest Region Chapter Excellence Award
- Southern Region Chapter Excellence Award
- Western Region Chapter Excellence Award
Eligibility Note: A chapter is ineligible to receive an award more than once every three years.
- Documentation of chapter procedures must be supplied with the award nomination.
- All chapter board positions must be filled at the time of submission and clear procedures should be in place for recruiting new leaders on an annual basis.
- Chapter must have a demonstrated history of good financial standing with documented business/financial procedures outlining core processes and accountability.
- Chapter leaders must have promptly responded to national office staff regarding annual reporting requirements.
- Chapter website should be up to date and regularly updated.
- Chapter must have met one or more times during the last 12 months and two or more times during the last 24 months.
- Include in nomination materials the dates, locations and the number of attendees at the chapter meetings/conferences for the past two years.
- Chapter leaders must have engaged others within the chapter’s geographic area beyond the face-to-face event(s). For example, chapter listserv, discussions prompted by chapter leaders or other such outreach.
- Chapter’s work must clearly support one or more of CUPA-HR’s strategic priorities and core values.