How to Order and Access DataOnDemand
Anyone at your institution can purchase a DOD subscription. However, only your institution’s chief HR officer, CUPA-HR membership contact or a designated sub-administrator can authorize DOD access.
- Purchase DOD.
- Your institution's chief HR officer, CUPA-HR membership contact and any designated sub-administrators will receive an automatic notification that a new DOD purchase has been made, with instructions for granting access.
Granting (and Removing) Access
Only your institution’s chief HR officer, CUPA-HR membership contact or a designated sub-administrator can assign DOD access. Here’s how:
- Go to the Manage Your Orders
- Log in using your personal CUPA-HR log-in credentials.
- Select Manage DataOnDemand Access from the menu on the right, and click on the “manage the employees who have access” link. Then follow the on-screen instructions to grant (or remove) access for each individual and each DOD subscription.
- Assign DOD access to individuals at your institution who will use DOD, including yourself. Be sure to save your changes on each page before proceeding to the next page.
- Your institution's chief HR officer, CUPA-HR membership contact and any designated sub-administrators will receive an automatic notification when someone at your institution is granted access to DOD subscriptions.
- Note: Access to DOD must be assigned with each new subscription purchase.
After you have been granted access to one or more DataOnDemand (DOD) subscriptions, familiarize yourself with the Important Notes below. When you’re ready:
- Log in to Surveys Online/DataOnDemand. Please read the instructions carefully to make sure you understand the process for your institution type.
- Click DataOnDemand on the top menu bar.
- Click Comparison Groups if you wish to create your own custom group or use an existing comparison group.
- Click Survey Reports when you are ready to run a DOD report using either public or custom groups.
Important Notes and Information About DataOnDemand
Please review the following documents before using DOD:
Understand the comparison group restrictions before creating or editing comparison groups in DOD:
- Once you use a comparison group, any other comparison groups that you create or edit MUST differ from it by at least three institutions. This restriction applies even if the previously used group has been deleted. This protects the confidentiality of institution data. For more information, see the tutorials for creating and managing comparison groups.
Position descriptions and CIP disciplines covered in our surveys are found in our Survey Participation and Information Templates.
DOD is a subscription service that expires each year — your access to this year's subscription will expire February 15, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact us.