CUPA-HR has been following the latest tax reform discussions for several Congresses and has worked with the higher education association community on advocacy efforts along the way. Most recently, we have worked closely with ACE, NACUBO, NAICU, APLU, CGS and others to specifically track the threats to higher ed benefits. Below are resources that provide overviews, side-by-side comparisons and other useful information regarding both the House and Senate tax-reform plans. The higher ed community tax reform website offers additional information and analysis on how tax reform could impact your campus and links to take action by contacting Congress on these issues.
- Higher Ed Provisions
(Washington Council Ernst & Young)
- Corporate, Individual, and Others
- Benefits Provisions and More (Mercer)
More to Come
We will post to our blog and send Washington Insider Alerts to CUPA-HR members as the situation evolves. We also continue to send letters to targeted members, committees and Congress as a whole on the tax benefits of importance to higher education that are in jeopardy.
Washington Insider Alerts
- Senate Releases Tax Reform Plan, Preserving Sections 117(d) and 127 - November 10, 2017
- House Releases Text of Tax Reform Bill Gutting Sections 117(d) and 127 - November 2, 2017
CUPA-HR Articles and Letters
- Article: Congress Looks to Tackle Tax Reform - October 9, 2017
- Letter to Senate Finance Committee Expressing Concerns About Tax Reform Legislation - November 14, 2017
- Letter to House Ways and Means Committee Expressing Concerns About Tax Reform Legislation - November 6, 2017
- More Advocacy Letters ...