Using CUPA-HR Survey Data
CUPA-HR survey data and reports are intended to be used by authorized individuals at the higher ed institution that has purchased the survey results to help inform workforce analysis and decision-making. Review the Data Use Agreement carefully. Questions regarding use or application should be addressed to CUPA-HR Research at email@example.com.
CUPA-HR Data Use Agreement
- All survey results are copyrighted by the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR). No data contained in a survey report or obtained through DataOnDemand (DOD) may be reproduced in any form for any purpose without the written consent of CUPA-HR. Report findings and conclusions may be appropriately cited/referenced in other reporting if there is proper acknowledgment of the source and the referenced material does not involve reproduction of data tables or graphics.
- DOD can be purchased only by higher education institutions. Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of the data we collect, we reserve the right to confirm an individual’s authorization to purchase DOD with his or her HR department, and to confirm with HR that each user listed on the order is authorized to view employee data. Individuals outside of the HR department seeking access will need written approval from the head of HR — these include faculty, unions, other administrators, etc. CUPA-HR accepts no responsibility for any employee who misrepresents his or her authorization.
- Annual survey reports contain comprehensive tables of aggregated data and may be purchased by anyone. However, all points of this agreement apply to the use of this tabular data.
- Survey results may not be changed or modified. Results may not be misrepresented as to their source or intent.
- Survey results may not be used to solicit or conduct business. The sole exception is the use of consultants who are currently engaged in a project with a higher ed institution that has granted access to that institution’s purchase of DOD. Consultants may use the obtained data in their business dealings with the purchasing institution only. Consultants cannot order DOD directly. They should ask the appropriate representative of the institution for which they are working to contact us — via firstname.lastname@example.org — to request consultant access to DOD. The institution representative should furnish: (a) the consultant’s name, company, address, e-mail, and phone number; (b) a statement that indicates the consultant has been hired to perform work requiring the use of CUPA-HR data; (c) authorization for the consultant to see the institution’s data; and (d) the names of the surveys to which the consultant should be granted access.
- Survey results may not be uploaded to a separate system or placed on the Web without the explicit permission of CUPA-HR.
- Access to survey reports and DOD is limited to the users purchasing the report or subscription. Sharing report information, log-in credentials, output from DOD analyses, or DOD access with other institutions or organizations will result in immediate cancellation of access and will preclude future access. The system tracks and monitors purchases, use, and users.
- Institutions within a system, including the system office, are considered separate institutions relative to the use of CUPA-HR survey results. Results must be purchased separately by each institution and may only be shared within the purchasing institution. Results may not be shared with individuals at other institutions within the system or with the system office.
Revised November 2, 2017