The Year Is Winding Down … Time to Catch Up!
With the number of workdays dwindling before the holiday break, you’re probably either crazy busy trying to wrap things up for the year, or finding that you have a little extra time on your hands as the office begins to empty out.
If you’re running frantic, take heart … only a few more days to go! But if you’ve already tied up all your loose ends, these last few days in the office could be a good time to catch up on some of the things you may have pushed to the backburner (or may have missed altogether!).
Over the past year or so at CUPA-HR, we’ve created several new resources and expanded upon many more that can help you do your higher ed HR job better. If you’ve been too busy to take a deeper dive into any or all of these resources, now may be the time!
1) CUPA-HR Connect – In the new online community, you can ask questions, contribute to dialogue and share best practices with your higher ed HR peers. Check out this short video explaining what CUPA-HR Connect is all about, and then log in and create your profile so that when you get back to work after the new year, you’ll be all set to join the conversation!
2) Learning Framework – The CUPA-HR Learning Framework outlines core competencies needed by higher ed HR professionals. We use it to guide all of our conference, e-learning and other programming. You can use it to guide your professional development.
3) Redesigned Knowledge Center – The Knowledge Center has a fresh coat of paint! We’ve updated the look and feel, added several new toolkits and cleaned up the existing ones. There’s also an expanded search function, and each toolkit offers the higher ed HR perspective on the topic at hand. Log in and do some exploring!
4) Webinars – Did you know that all of CUPA-HR’s webinars are offered on-demand at no charge? Webinar topics include Form 1-9 compliance, ethics training in higher ed, the changing higher ed IT workforce, OFCCP’s new agenda, the transgender transition in the workplace, the changing face of HBCUs and more.
5) Washington Update – In his session at the CUPA-HR Annual Conference and Expo 2014, the association’s chief government relations officer, Josh Ulman, provided an overview of what’s coming out of Washington that will likely have an impact on our work, including the latest developments around the ACA, labor relations, and several presidential executive orders. Watch a video of the session to see what’s coming down the pike in 2015 and beyond.
We hope these and other CUPA-HR resources will help make your job easier and prepare you for the year to come. In the meantime, from all of us here at the national office – we wish you a joyful, restful, fun-filled holiday!