Resources to Prepare Your Campus for Transgender Transitions
If an employee approached you and said “I plan to change my gender,” would you know what to do? Transgender issues are being talked about like never before — from court cases determining rights of transgenders in the military to college campuses determining how to handle dormitory assignments, bathroom usage and health insurance coverage.
The presenters of the upcoming CUPA-HR webinar The Transgender Transition in the Workplace recommend several resources to expand your knowledge on the topic of transgender transition:
- Working with a Transsexual: A Guide for Coworkers, by Janis Walworth
- The Complete Guide to Transgender in the Workplace, by Vanessa Sheridan
- Transgender Workplace Diversity: Policy Tools, Training Issues and Communication Strategies for HR and Legal Professionals, by Jillian T. Weiss, J.D., Ph.D.
- Transgender Law and Policy Institute
- Transgender at Work
- Transgender Civil Rights Project
- The International Foundation for Gender Education
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
For a more in-depth look at HR issues to consider before, during and after a transition, plan now to attend The Transgender Transition in the Workplace, presented by Dr. Al Carlozzi, Professor of Counseling Psychology, and Dr. Sandy Cooper, Director of Human Resources, both of Oklahoma State University, in partnership with the National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education (NADOHE). The webinar is scheduled for Thursday, November 14 at 3 p.m. ET, and will be recorded for viewing after the original webcast.