FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 6, 2018
Kelley Stuck, Chief HR Officer at University of Virginia, Receives CUPA-HR’s HR Excellence Award
Kelley Stuck, chief human resources officer at University of Virginia, has received the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR) 2018 HR Excellence Award. This award honors transformative HR work in higher education, recognizing teams or individuals who have provided HR leadership resulting in significant and ongoing organizational change within their institutions. Thanks to the generous support of VALIC, CUPA-HR is pleased to offer a $3,000 contribution to University of Virginia’s endowment or a scholarship fund of Stuck’s choice.
Stuck received the award for her leadership on the Ufirst project, which reimagined and restructured how UVA’s human resources organization does its work. The new HR organization, supported by best-in-class technology, aims to provide consistent, quality and efficient services to the UVA community, enabling the recruitment and retention of faculty, staff and team members who are experts in their respective fields. Outcomes of the Ufirst project thus far have included:
- A reduction from more than 85 HR units within three organizations to three streamlined communities of expertise with eight functional areas;
- The emergence of a service-oriented, collaborative, innovative HR culture;
- Enhanced HR operations an improved customer satisfaction;
- Greater fiscal responsibility;
- A reduction in the volume of HR inquiries and a reduced time to close inquiries;
- Implementation of state-of-the-art and streamlined case management technology; and
- More efficient use of trend data to inform HR’s work.
CUPA-HR is higher ed HR. We serve higher education by providing the knowledge, resources, advocacy and connections to achieve organizational and workforce excellence. Headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, and serving more than 25,000 HR professionals and other campus leaders at more than 2,000 member organizations around the country and abroad, the association offers learning and professional development programs, higher education salary and benefits data, extensive online resources and just-in-time regulatory and legislative information.
CUPA-HR’s annual Higher Education Human Resource Awards honor excellence in higher education human resources and recognize service and commitment to CUPA-HR and innovation in the profession.
Contact: Missy Kline, Content Manager – Communications and Marketing
Phone: (865) 637-767