Submit a Presentation Proposal
2017 Spring Conference
Hosted by CUPA-HR’s Midwest Region • St. Louis, Missouri
The call for proposals has now closed. Notification of acceptances will be sent in November.
Who Should Submit a Proposal?
We need experts in higher ed HR and those who have done excellent work in the profession to submit session proposals. We’re looking for presentations on topics related to all HR functions as well as focusing on influence and change management.
Before You Decide to Submit a Proposal
- First Review Important Dates and Timelines: If you will be unable to meet these deadlines or do not have support from your institution or employer to present, please reconsider your decision to submit a proposal.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: October 21
- Speaker Agreement Due From Selected Speakers: Within One Week of Notification
- Delivery of Presentation: March 26-28, 2017
- Then Review the Indirect Costs of Presenting: If you are a selected speaker, you’ll be asked to share your knowledge without compensation. Additionally, you’ll be required to pay your own travel costs and a conference registration fee of $380-$950 depending on your affiliation with a higher ed institution or corporate organization.
Brainstorm Your Proposal Idea
- First, preview the Submission Form Worksheet.
- Then, review the CUPA-HR Learning Framework. Get an overview with this short video, and explore the details on the framework web page.
- Finally, fine-tune your session idea by answering these questions:
- In what areas are you an expert?
- CUPA-HR is specifically looking for sessions timely higher ed HR topics as well as influence and change management. How does your topic fall into one of those categories? If it does not, what is the importance of the topic or why is it timely?
- How does your proposed topic relate to the CUPA-HR Learning Framework?
- Why is the topic of interest to higher ed HR professionals of varying institution sizes and types — small public, large public, small private, large private, two-year, four-year, etc.?
- What challenges will your session help others to overcome?
Draft Your Proposal
Use this worksheet to draft your presentation proposal submission prior to entering the information in the online form. Work in the online form cannot be saved along the way, and spelling/grammar checks are not available.