Submit a Presentation Proposal
for one or both of CUPA-HR's 2020 Spring Conferences
Spring Conference, Hosted by CUPA-HR’s Eastern and Southern Regions
March 29-31, 2020
Spring Conference, Hosted by CUPA-HR’s Midwest and Western Regions
April 19-21, 2020
The deadline for submissions is October 11, 2019.
Who Should Submit a Proposal?
- Higher ed HR professionals with a story to tell or expertise to share
- Subject matter experts who have unique insight into the challenges facing higher ed HR
We are looking for presenters to share their how-tos, best practices, case studies and lessons learned. Examples of topics to address include:
- Successful and innovative approaches to higher education HR work
- Campus climate and the role of HR
- Higher ed workforce challenges
- Succession planning and talent pipeline challenges
- HR as partner with academic and other institution leaders
- Using HR data to drive leadership decision-making and strategy
- Legislative and regulatory compliance challenges (FLSA, FMLA, Title IX, immigration, etc.)
- HR metrics and leveraging technology
- Other timely higher ed HR topics
Curious about sessions we've featured in the past? Check out sessions from the 2019 Spring Conferences.
Tools for Fine-Tuning Your Proposal
- Learning Framework — Review the CUPA-HR Learning Framework. Explore the details on the framework web page. All CUPA-HR learning is connected to the Learning Framework.
- Exploratory Questions — Fine-tune your session idea even further by answering these questions:
- How does your proposed topic relate to the CUPA-HR Learning Framework?
- Why is the topic of interest to higher ed HR professionals of varying institution sizes and types — small public, large public, small private, large private, two-year, four-year, etc.?
- What challenges will your session help others to overcome?
- Could you co-present with a professional from another institution to give your session more depth?
- Worksheet — Preview this worksheet and draft your presentation proposal submission prior to entering the information in the online form. Please note that spelling/grammar checks are not available in the online form.
Before You Decide to Submit a Proposal
- First Review Important Dates and Timelines: If you will be unable to meet these deadlines or do not have support from your institution or employer to present, please reconsider your decision to submit a proposal.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: October 11
- Speaker Agreement Due From Selected Speakers: Within One Week of Notification
- Delivery of Presentation: March 29-31, 2020 (for the Spring Conference hosted by the Eastern and Southern Regions in Savannah) - or - April 19-21, 2020 (for the Spring Conference hosted by the Midwest and Western Regions in Minneapolis)
- Then Review the Indirect Costs of Presenting: If you are a selected speaker, you’ll be asked to share your knowledge without compensation. Additionally, you’ll be required to pay your own travel costs and a conference registration fee of $400-$950 depending on your affiliation with a higher ed institution or corporate organization.
- Be Sure to Finalize Your Speakers Before You Submit: Proposals submitted without speakers are viewed unfavorably by the selection committee.
Please Note: By clicking on the “Submit Your Proposal” button below you acknowledge that you have read the Call for Proposal information and agree to the terms.