Submit a Presentation Proposal
for one or both of CUPA-HR's 2019 Spring Conferences
Spring Conference, Hosted by CUPA-HR’s Eastern and Southern Regions
March 28-30, 2019 (Thursday-Saturday)
Spring Conference, Hosted by CUPA-HR’s Midwest and Western Regions
April 14-16, 2019
The deadline for the call for proposals has past. Notifications will be sent in mid-November.
Who Should Submit a Proposal?
- Higher ed HR professionals with a story to tell or expertise to share
- Subject matter experts who have unique insight into the challenges facing higher ed HR
All proposals are welcome! Possible topics include:
- Campus climate and the role of HR
- Change management and leading change
- Higher ed workforce challenges
- Higher ed talent management challenges
- HR as partner with academic leaders
- Using HR data to drive leadership decision-making
- Legislative and regulatory compliance challenges (ACA, FMLA, Title IX, etc.)
- HR metrics and leveraging technology (ex. artificial intelligence)
- Other timely higher ed HR topic
Tools for Fine-Tuning Your Proposal
- Learning Framework — Review the CUPA-HR Learning Framework. Get an overview with this short video, and explore the details on the framework web page. All CUPA-HR learning is connected to the Learning Framework.
- Exploratory Questions — Fine-tune your session idea even further by answering these questions:
- How does your proposed topic relate to the CUPA-HR Learning Framework?
- Why is the topic of interest to higher ed HR professionals of varying institution sizes and types — small public, large public, small private, large private, two-year, four-year, etc.?
- What challenges will your session help others to overcome?
- Could you co-present with a professional from another institution to give your session more depth?
- Worksheet — Preview this worksheet and draft your presentation proposal submission prior to entering the information in the online form. Please note that spelling/grammar checks are not available in the online form.
Before You Decide to Submit a Proposal
- First Review Important Dates and Timelines: If you will be unable to meet these deadlines or do not have support from your institution or employer to present, please reconsider your decision to submit a proposal.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: The deadline for the call for proposals has past.
- Speaker Agreement Due From Selected Speakers: Within One Week of Notification
- Delivery of Presentation: March 28-30, 2019 (for the Spring Conference hosted by the Eastern and Southern Regions in Washington, D.C.) - or - April 14-16, 2019 (for the Spring Conference hosted by the Midwest and Western Regions in Seattle)
- Then Review the Indirect Costs of Presenting: If you are a selected speaker, you’ll be asked to share your knowledge without compensation. Additionally, you’ll be required to pay your own travel costs and a conference registration fee of $400-$950 depending on your affiliation with a higher ed institution or corporate organization.