12 Great Reads of 2018
Another year down, and a new one underway! As you jump back into your work in this new year, we hope you’ll take some time to read about some of the great work your HR colleagues are doing at colleges and universities around the country.
CUPA-HR’s The Higher Education Workplace magazine and Higher Ed Workplace blog highlight new and innovative ways to do HR (from institutions and organizations who have been there, done that). In case you missed them, here are some highlights from the magazine and the blog from the past year. Maybe they’ll spark an idea or two you can use on your campus.
- 6 Tips to Help You Manage Your Next Project Like a Pro
- How to Help Hiring Managers Help Their New Employees Hit the Ground Running
- Underpaid and Underrepresented: Women of Color in the Higher Ed Workforce
- Three Benefits of Using CUPA-HR’s DataOnDemand for H-1B Prevailing Wage Determination
- HR’s Role in Balancing Free Speech and Inclusivity
- What to Know About a Wage and Hour Investigation – From a University That’s Been There
- Student Affairs: Ahead of the Curve on Workforce Diversity and Pay Equity
- Veterans in the Higher Ed Workforce: Insights From Veterans and Hiring Managers
- That Could Never Happen Here: Compliance and Safety Imperatives for Today’s College Campus
- Working in a Fish Bowl: Navigating a Compensation Study in a Transparent Environment
- Addressing Distress Before It Becomes Disaster: How HR at One University Is Driving a Threat Prevention and Assessment Program for Staff and Faculty
- Higher Ed Responds to Growing Mental Health Needs by Adding More Counselors on Campus
Do you have success stories to share? E-mail email@example.com and tell us!