12 Great Reads of 2017
It’s hard to believe another year is in the books, and a new one is already underway! As you jump back into your work in this new year, we hope you’ll take some time to read about some of the great work your HR colleagues are doing at colleges and universities around the country.
CUPA-HR’s The Higher Education Workplace magazine and Higher Ed Workplace blog are full of articles and stories highlighting new and innovative ways to do HR (from institutions and organizations who have been there, done that). In case you missed them — we know it was a busy year! — here are some highlights from the magazine and the blog from the past year. Maybe they’ll spark an idea or two you can use on your campus.
- The Pros and Cons of Using Social Media in Vetting Job Applicants
- Building an Organizational Culture of Work/Life Balance and Wellbeing
- HR as a Key Player in Organizational Change
- 5 Tips to Help You Plan a Professional Development Day for Your Faculty and Staff
- 3 Tips for Training Employees on Title IX
- 11 Institutions That Are Getting It Right in Diversity and Equity in Leadership Positions
- Defending Your Galaxy Against the Supervillains of Distraction
- Performance Reviews on Trial: Practical Lessons for HR Teams
- Data Talks: Using HR Metrics and Visualizations to Persuade and Inform
- 3 Activities to Engage Participants Through In-Person Sexual Harassment Training
- A 4-Step Model for Leadership Success
- HR’s Role in Managing Bullying and Harassment at Work
Do you have success stories to share? E-mail email@example.com and tell us!