The CUPA-HR Research Team
Director of Research
Senior Research Manager
Research Operations Manager
Data Visualization Researcher
CUPA-HR Research collects, analyzes and reports on compensation and benefits information for higher education administrators, professionals, faculty and other staff. We take every step to ensure that our data and analysis meet the highest standards of reliability, validity and confidentiality.
Want to know more about why our data is the platinum standard for reliable information on higher ed compensation? Learn more here or Ask Research
New! Research Snapshots
Research Snapshots feature data heroes and institutions that use DataOnDemand to benchmark and address strategic questions.
New in 2017: FLSA and Diversity Data
Compensation Evaluation Service
In an effort to help governing boards determine appropriate compensation for their top institutional leaders, CUPA-HR has partnered with AGB Search to provide select data for AGB Search's Compensation Evaluation Service.
- FLSA Overtime Data:
- Because FLSA overtime changes have had and will continue to have a huge impact on compensation plans in higher ed, we’re collecting the exemption status of professional and administrative positions including admissions counselors, resident directors and assistant coaches.
- When you provide data for the professionals and administrative surveys and purchase results, you’ll see how your classification decisions compare to those of your peers.
- Diversity Analysis and Comparison:
- Diversity and Inclusion is a priority for CUPA-HR. That’s why we’re collecting demographic data on the incumbent level.
- You’ll not only see how faculty salaries at four-year institutions compare within and across disciplines, but you’ll also see how salaries compare based on ethnicity, age, gender, years of service and other data points, helping you make more inclusive decisions on faculty compensation and recruitment.
- Although this information is important for CUPA-HR to collect, it will not be a required section of the surveys.
- Faculty Department Heads and Per-Course Faculty
- To give you the most comprehensive higher ed faculty salary data, we’ve also added the collection of department head and per-course faculty data points into the 2017 faculty survey for four-year institutions.
- Changes for Providing Data
- Because we’re collecting data in 2017 at the incumbent level, you won’t have to take the extra step of aggregating your data prior to submitting it.
- When you provide data, you’ll be able to easily access in one document the survey instructions, position descriptions and information on uploading your data.