Search Committees: A Comprehensive Guide to Successful Faculty, Staff and Administrative Searches
By Christopher D. Lee, Ph.D., SPHR
2014 (Stylus Publishing), Paperback
Published in association with CUPA-HR, which published the first edition, this book is all new! It provides advice, training, and a step-by-step guide for conducting a rigorous, thorough search – plus advanced diversity selection techniques that are not commonly found in many resources inside or outside of higher education.
It also includes over 30 templates that are designed to be copied and used as training handouts or as handy reference and resource materials that provide guidance at various stages of the search process. And the more than two dozen vignettes featured can be used as training case studies or as expert advice that illuminates key concepts that are helpful with improving the quality of the search process.
The guide includes:
- An expert step-by-step search model.
- Dozens of templates, samples, tools, plus a bank of interview questions.
- Diversity recruitment and selection protocols and techniques.
- Resource guide with advice, case studies, examples, and training materials.
Topics covered include:
- How to Build a Successful Search
- Recruiting Guide
- How to Design a Diverse Selection Process
- Minority Recruiting Resources
- Interview Guide
- A Bank of Interview Questions
- Screening Methods
- Sample Forms, Templates, Checklists
- Legal, Ethical, and Regulatory Issues
Order Now from Stylus Publishing