Founded in 1946, the College & University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR) serves more than 17,000 HR professionals and other higher ed leaders at over 1,900 member organizations. Committed to promoting the effective management and development of human resources in higher education, CUPA-HR offers many professional development opportunities.
Visit our About Us page to learn more about CUPA-HR.
Our member benefits include:
- access to best practices, compliance information, member listservs and other vital resources in the online CUPA-HR Knowledge Center;
- networking opportunities in the CUPA-HR Community;
- discounts on training seminars, conferences, HR books and videos;
- complimentary salary survey and discounts on other surveys;
- up-to-the-minute information on public policy and government affairs; and
- a subscription to The Higher Education Workplace.
Visit our Benefits of Membership page to learn more about valuable membership benefits.
CUPA-HR offers a variety of memberships to serve human resource professionals working in higher education, as well as others interested in the advancement and promotion of the higher education human resource profession. Membership in CUPA-HR is largely institutional-based, meaning that membership benefits belong to a particular college or university, not an individual. Institutional Members make up about 90 percent of CUPA-HR’s total membership. Affiliate organization, international institution, corporate, retiree, transitional, and student memberships are also available.
Visit our How It Works page for more information on types of CUPA-HR memberships.
The membership year is July 1 through June 30.
The membership application tells CUPA-HR who should have membership access at your institution, which free salary survey your institution would like with its membership and other valuable information to help us get your membership started as quickly as possible. Within one business day of submitting the application, CUPA-HR Member Service will send you an e-mail including an invoice for membership and payment instructions.
For new members:
- Within one business day the key representative and all others on the membership roster will receive an e-mail including a personal login ID and password to access the website, as well as instructions on how to start using their membership benefits right away.
- Within 7-10 business days the key representative will receive a new member packet. The packet contains a welcome letter from our president and chief executive officer; the latest issue of The Higher Education Workplace; and information on various upcoming association events.
For renewing members:
- Membership will continue for all representatives through June 30 of the following year. Key representatives should take a moment to update their membership roster by filling out this form.
A key representative (key rep) is the person designated as the point-of-contact with CUPA-HR for Institutional, Corporate, Affiliate and International Institutional memberships. The key rep’s duties include:
- letting CUPA-HR know who on their campus should have membership access and
- receiving and coordinating payment of the institution’s annual dues invoice statement.
The key rep is also included on the distribution list for receiving the free survey report. If you do not know your key rep, please contact our Member Service Team toll free at 877-CUPA-HR4 (877-287-2474) or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Logins and passwords are available to all CUPA-HR members. You should receive your login and password via e-mail shortly after your dues payment is processed. If you do not receive a login and password, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 877-CUPA-HR4 (877-287-2474).
We know this is confusing! The different credentials allow access to different functions on our website. Please use the following descriptions to help determine which set to use:
- Personal Credentials allow CUPA-HR members to access their personal profile pages, the Community, the Knowledge Center and member directory. Customers also use personal credentials to make purchases in the CUPA-HR online bookstore, order survey results and register for CUPA-HR events online.
- Survey Credentials allow survey participants to log into SurveysOnLine and complete participation forms. Customers with access to survey results also use survey credentials to view or download survey reports. Please note: because survey results are ordered through the CUPA-HR website, use your personal credentials to place a survey order!
- Dues Credentials allow members or potential members to pay organizational dues. Typically the Key Representative is the only person with access to dues credentials.
The four CUPA-HR regions are named: Eastern, Midwest, Western and Southern. Each of CUPA-HR’s four regions has a board of directors. Visit our Chapters and Regions page to find listing of region leaders. In addition, each region hosts its own website providing information about its career development programs and general region information.
Affiliated CUPA-HR chapters provide various educational programs on the state or local level to encourage members to engage in networking and career development opportunities. Meeting schedules vary with each chapter. Membership at the national and regional levels of CUPA-HR is separate from a chapter membership. Each chapter charges its own membership fee.
Visit our Regions and Chapters page to locate the chapter nearest to you and find a listing of chapter leaders.