Congratulations! You have been elected as the treasurer for your chapter. CUPA-HR national office staff is here to help. If yours is not a new chapter, the previous chapter treasurer will also be able to offer great advice.
- Obtain all chapter financial records from the previous chapter treasurer.
- Maintain the chapter’s bank account.
- Submit an accounting of the chapter's financial records for the previous fiscal year ending June 30 by August 31 each year.
- Respond quickly to any requests from the national office regarding financial matters.
- Assist with a smooth transition to the next elected treasurer by maintaining all chapter financial records in a timely and organized manner.
How will the National Office Help?
The staff at the national office of CUPA-HR will help your chapter by:
- Finding the answer to any question you may have.
- Filing or notifying you to file your state's annual report (if applicable). If CUPA-HR national office files your report, the fees will be paid by them.
- Filing the 990N epostcard to maintain your 501(c)(3) federal tax exemption if your chapter is listed on the CUPA-HR group exemption roster.
- Providing blank forms and templates here in the toolkit.
- Providing liability insurance at no charge to the chapter.
- Providing a resident agent in your state to assist with legal notifications (CUPA-HR national office will pay these fees).
Questions? Contact us via email.