Submit a Presentation Proposal
for one or both of CUPA-HR's 2018 Spring Conferences
Spring Conference, Hosted by CUPA-HR’s Eastern Region
April 8-10, 2018
Spring Conference, Hosted by CUPA-HR’s Midwest and Western Regions
Salt Lake City, Utah
April 30-May 2, 2018
The deadline to submit is October 13.
Who Should Submit a Proposal?
- Higher ed HR professionals with a story to tell or expertise to share
- Subject matter experts who have unique insight into the challenges facing higher ed HR
For the conference in Baltimore, we are especially interested in submissions that focus on:
- Sustainability of HR on college campuses
- Transforming relationships
- Innovations in HR practice
- Diversity, equity and inclusion (especially practical advice for addressing microaggressions and unconscious bias)
For the conference in Salt Lake City, we are especially interested in submissions that focus on:
- Influence and change management
- Leading change
All proposals are welcome! Other possible topics include:
- Campus climate and the role of HR
- Change management
- Higher ed workforce challenges
- Higher ed talent management challenges
- HR as partner with academic leaders
- Using HR data to drive leadership decision-making
- Legislative and regulatory compliance challenges (ACA, FMLA, Title IX, etc.)
- HR metrics and leveraging technology
- Any timely higher ed HR topic
Tools for Fine-Tuning Your Proposal
- Learning Framework — Review the CUPA-HR Learning Framework. Get an overview with this short video, and explore the details on the framework web page. All CUPA-HR learning is connected to the Learning Framework.
- Exploratory Questions — Fine-tune your session idea even further by answering these questions:
- How does your proposed topic relate to the CUPA-HR Learning Framework?
- Why is the topic of interest to higher ed HR professionals of varying institution sizes and types — small public, large public, small private, large private, two-year, four-year, etc.?
- What challenges will your session help others to overcome?
- Could you co-present with a professional from another institution to give your session more depth?
- Worksheet — Preview this worksheet and draft your presentation proposal submission prior to entering the information in the online form. Please note that spelling/grammar checks are not available in the online form.
Before You Decide to Submit a Proposal
- First Review Important Dates and Timelines: If you will be unable to meet these deadlines or do not have support from your institution or employer to present, please reconsider your decision to submit a proposal.
- Proposal Submission Deadline: October 13
- Speaker Agreement Due From Selected Speakers: Within One Week of Notification
- Delivery of Presentation: April 8-10, 2018 (for the Spring Conference hosted by the Eastern Region in Baltimore) - or - April 30-May 2 (for the Spring Conference hosted by the Midwest and Western Regions in Salt Lake City)
- Then Review the Indirect Costs of Presenting: If you are a selected speaker, you’ll be asked to share your knowledge without compensation. Additionally, you’ll be required to pay your own travel costs and a conference registration fee of $390-$950 depending on your affiliation with a higher ed institution or corporate organization.
Please Note: By clicking on the “Proposal Submission” button below you acknowledge that you have read the Call for Proposal information and agree to the terms.
Submit Your Proposal