21-Day Racial Equity Habit Building Challenge
for Higher Education Leaders
People across the nation — including our students, faculty and staff — are talking about race and the systems that perpetuate racial inequalities, inequities and injustice, as well as the heavy toll those systems have taken on the Black community. It’s critically important that we continue our efforts to move from talk to action on college and university campuses across the country. Creating effective social justice habits is one important way that we can work together to learn about and address these incredible challenges.
Since August 2020, over 3,500 higher education professionals from across the country have participated in this challenge. Whether you complete the challenge on your own or with a small group, the resources will help you be more informed and ready to take action at your institution.
How Does the Challenge Work?
This 21-day challenge is divided into four weeks with different themes, resources and discussion questions. To make the most of the challenge, cultivate a habit of doing a little each day. The themes are:
- Week 1 — History Through the Lens of Race
- Week 2 — Microaggressions, Whiteness and Implicit Bias
- Week 3 — The Media and Race
- Week 4 — Allyship and Action Steps
Participation is free and self-paced. When you register, you'll receive a confirmation email containing the information you need to access challenge resources. Taking the challenge as a group? Please have each individual register separately so each individual will receive the confirmation email.
The 21-Day Racial Equity Habit Building Challenge is open to CUPA-HR members only. All employees at member organizations are considered members of CUPA-HR and only need a CUPA-HR web account linked to their organization to register for the challenge.
- If you have a CUPA-HR web account, simply log in when prompted. Not sure if you’re in our system? On the login page, select “Forgot username,” type in your email address and click “Submit.” The system will let you know by email if that address is in our system. Forgot your password? No worries. Select “Forgot password” on the login page.
- If you do not have a CUPA-HR web account, use the “Create a new account” link on the login page. Be sure to fill in the Organization box. After you have created your account, return to the registration link to log in and register.
Need help? We’re here for you! Contact CUPA-HR.
This 21-Day Challenge Is Sponsored by